Thursday, 27 April 2017

Firefox Extensions - It's time to take notes!

Today I introduce a very useful tool, which I use in Firefox.



It's been quite a while since I made an article for "Firefox Extensions" theme. So today, I'm doing a quick peek of Notepad ( formerly QuickFox Notes), an useful tool for taking notes and sharing it.


Brief Introduction

I couple years ago, I was looking for something that would let me keep some notes when I was looking at a webpage that had some useful information or something that was interesting to me. I tried out a few note taking apps, but none of them was full integrated with Firefox ( and I didn't want to use something like Evernote... ). 
After awhile of searching both on the web and on Firefox Add-ons webpage, I finally found QuickFox Notes, as it was called at that time. 


Screenshot of Firefox Add-ons Webpage 


So, what is it

Notepad it's a multi-tab note taking solution for Firefox and Thunderbird, that employs the integrated bookmarks system or a single sqlite database to store notes. 
One of Notepad best features, it's the possibility of syncing with external services as Dropbox or Google Docs. At the moment, I'm syncing with Simplenote, another free note taking app, that automatically sync with your computer and all other your devices. 


Screenshot of Notepad ( QuickFox Notes )


This extension, also supports tabs for simultaneous editing of multiple notes. You can group notes, encrypt them, change their background color and even write-protect, tabs to prevent unauthorized changes.


Notepad features

  • Multiple tabs
  • Auto-save
  • Spell check
  • Encrypt/Decrypt Notes
  • Auto-copy and Paste on middle click
  • Store to "Archive" (to free tab space)
  • Pop-up after X seconds upon Firefox start
  • Email notes
  • Print notes
  • Google word suggestion/calculator
  • Import and Export to Evernote, Google Docs, Simplenote, Dropbox or Sugarsync
  • Auto Correct
  • Text Statistics
  • Latex Tools
  • Google URL Shortener
  • Fullscreen
  • Text to HTML Converter


Notepad Info's

  • Last Update
    • 2.8.6 on July 22, 2016
  • Firefox Compatibility 
    • Firefox 29 and later



I hope this publication has been helpful.
Please share this article and feel free to leave a comment.

If you install this extension, you are installing at your own risk.
We waive any responsibility inherent to the same.



No comments: